It's even cuter when you can design it with something Christmas-y with your kids and loved ones at home. Here's what you need.
2 1/2 cup flour
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and Cacao Culture Cocoa Powder. Set aside.
- In a big bowl or with an electric mixer, beat the butter until it is fluffy and lightens a bit in color. Now beat in the sugar - it should have a thick frosting like consistency. Mix in the eggs one at a time. You need to scrape down the sides of the bowl once or twice. Add the vanilla and mix.
- Add dry ingredients a little at a time. Stir a bit between each addition until the flour is just incorporated. Stir in the espresso beans and chocolate chips by hand and mix only until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Roll into balls about the size of 1 1/2 tablespoons and place onto a parchment paper lined air bake cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375° for about 10 minutes on the middle rack. You don't want to overbake these cookies at all or they will really dry out. If anything, under just bake them a bit. When they are done, pull them out to cool.