- 550 ml coconut and almond milk
- 160 ml coconut cream
- 3-4 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp Cacao Culture Cocoa Powder
- Pour 450ml of the coconut and almond milk, the coconut cream, syrup, almond butter and vanilla into a medium saucepan.
- Add the salt and slowly bring to a simmer, stirring, until smooth.
- Whisk the Cacao Culture Cocoa Powder, cornstarch & reserved coconut and almond milk in a jug, until smooth.
- Add to the pan and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Cook at a gentle simmer, stirring constantly, until the mixture is the consistency of double cream.
- Leave to cool before covering and leaving in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and churn according to the manufacturer's instructions. If you don't have an ice cream maker, put it on a baking tray and freeze, whisking it every 2 hours.
- Scoop the ice cream into a freezerproof container and freeze until firm.
You may also use or add vegan chocolate chips and toasted flaked almonds if you like.