1/2 cup Cacao Culture Cocoa Powder
1/2 cup chopped Cacao Culture Premium Chocolate Tablea
1 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
4 tsp instant espresso powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
4 tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, Cacao Culture Cocoa Powder, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in bowl.
- Whisk brown sugar; eggs; espresso powder, if using; and vanilla together in large bowl.
- Combine the chopped Cacao Culture Tablea chunks and butter in bowl and microwave at 50 percent power, stirring occasionally, until melted for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate mixture into egg mixture until combined.
- Fold in flour mixture until no dry streaks remain.
- Let dough sit at room temperature for 10 minutes.
- Place granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar in separate shallow dishes,
- Working with 2 tablespoons dough (or use #30 scoop) at a time, roll into balls. Drop dough balls directly into granulated sugar and roll to coat.
- Transfer dough balls to confectioners’ sugar and roll to coat evenly.
- Evenly space dough balls on prepared sheets, about 11 per sheet.
- Bake 1 sheet at a time for 12 minutes or until cookies are puffed and cracked, rotating sheet halfway through baking.
- Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
Source: Cook's Illustrated